Post card, postmarked 1911
Weed Park is a city park located on land donated by Mr. and Mrs. James Weed in 1907. The park is located on the northeast side of Muscatine on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi river. Soon after the park was built, a clubhouse was built featuring rooms for dining, dancing, and receptions. The bandstand and club house shown in the postcard above are no longer standing, although the cannon (one of two) still stands guard near the southwest entrance to the park. The History of Muscatine County describes Weed Park as one of the county's "beauty spots," a characterization which still applies today.
Source: The History of Muscatine County, Iowa: Vol. 1, p. 306.
Postcard, postmarked 1915
Current bandstand in Weed Park, taken October 2013.