Post card, postmarked 1912
About This Image
Originally named Interurban Park, Glen Hagan Park was an amusement park located 1.5 miles north of Centerville on an interurban railway that connected the towns of Centerville and Mystic, located six miles to the northwest. The park was created by the Centerville Light and Traction company and was accessible only by the railway. While not as elaborate as some other excursion parks in the state, the park featured a band stand, skating pavilion, concession stands, and playground equipment.
Source: Appanoose County Historical Society
Back to Amusement Park Bandstand series